By Perry Nodelman
Read Online or Download Words about Pictures: Narrative Art of Children's Picture Books PDF
Best parenting literature guides books
Youngsters have their very own video games, tales, riddles, and so on. This publication provides scholars and common readers an creation to kid's folklore. integrated are chapters at the definition and category of kid's folklore, the presence of kid's folklore in literature and pop culture, and the scholarly interpretation of kid's folklore.
This booklet permits philosophers, literary theorists, and schooling experts to return jointly to supply a sequence of readings on works of children’s literature. every one in their readings is concentrated on pairing a specific, well known photograph e-book or a bankruptcy e-book with philosophical texts or topics. The booklet has 3 sections—the first, on picturebooks; the second one, on bankruptcy books; and the 3rd, on units of paired readings of 2 highly regarded picturebooks.
A pioneering research of a special narrative shape, phrases approximately images examines the designated traits of photo books--books meant to teach or inform tales to children. Drawing from a few aesthetic and literary assets, Perry Nodelman explores the ways that the interaction of the verbal and visible features of photograph books conveys extra narrative info and stimulation than both medium might in attaining by myself.
From creepy photo books to Harry Potter, Lemony Snicket, the Spiderwick Chronicles, and numerous vampire sequence for younger grownup readers, worry has develop into a dominant mode of leisure for younger readers. The final twenty years have noticeable a major progress within the severe learn of 2 very various genres, the Gothic and children’s literature.
- Cultural Memories of Nonviolent Struggles: Powerful Times (Palgrave Macmillan Memory Studies)
- Walter Dean Myers: A Student Companion (Teen Reads: Student Companions to Young Adult Literature)
- The Story Cure: An A-Z of Books to Keep Kids Happy, Healthy and Wise
- Juvenile Literature and British Society, 1850-1950: The Age of Adolescence (Children's Literature and Culture)
- Story Medicine: Multicultural Tales of Healing and Transformation
- White Supremacy in Children's Literature: Characterizations of African Americans, 1830-1900: 4 (Children's Literature and Culture)
Additional info for Words about Pictures: Narrative Art of Children's Picture Books
Words about Pictures: Narrative Art of Children's Picture Books by Perry Nodelman
Categories: Parenting Literature Guides