By Luke Cuddy
- Reveals the philosophical questions raised in the course of the inventive complexity, compelling characters and soaking up plots of this ground-breaking first-person shooter (FPS)
- Explores what BioShock teaches the gamer approximately gaming, and the aesthetics of game storytelling
- Addresses a big selection of subject matters together with Marxism, propaganda, human enhancement applied sciences, political decision-making, loose will, morality, feminism, transworld individuality, and merchandising machines within the dystopian society of Rapture
- Considers visionary video game developer Ken Levine’s depiction of Ayn Rand’s philosophy, in addition to the theories of Aristotle, de Beauvoir, Dewey, Leibniz, Marx, Plato, and others from the corridor of Philosophical Heroes
Read or Download BioShock and Philosophy: Irrational Game, Rational Book (The Blackwell Philosophy and Pop Culture Series) PDF
Similar video & electronic games books
In DetailWith the sunrise of the home windows mobile 7 platform, Microsoft has provided us a great way to create 3D cellular video games. during this booklet, we'll construct a 3D online game for home windows cell 7 jointly, taking complete good thing about the portraits and contact functions, in addition to the sensors of the platform. "Building your first cellular online game utilizing XNA" is the publication for beginning video game improvement at the home windows cell 7 platform.
Feelings, know-how, and electronic video games explores the necessity for individuals to adventure leisure, pleasure, nervousness, anger, frustration, and plenty of different feelings. The ebook presents crucial info on why it will be important to have a better realizing of the ability those feelings have on avid gamers, and the way they have an effect on avid gamers in the course of, and after, a online game.
This present day a multinational online game developer, Sega was once the 1st to damage Nintendo’s grip at the gaming undefined, increasing from basically an arcade online game corporation to turn into the dominant video game console producer in North the US. an important a part of that good fortune got here from the exertions and innovation of its subsidiary, Sega of the USA, who in a bit greater than a decade wrested the bulk marketplace percentage from Nintendo and revolutionized how video games have been made.
The last word consultant to surviving on the web should you wouldn't have 50 million subscribers. the net is a wild and lovely position packed with self-publishing possibilities past mind's eye. It’s additionally a dystopian nightmare threatened by means of “The Oversaturation". upward push above it and how you can make a few nice movies to proportion with the realm.
- Innovation Games: Creating Breakthrough Products Through Collaborative Play
- Playback – A Genealogy of 1980s British Videogames
- Computer Games: Text, Narrative and Play
- The Art of Mass Effect: Andromeda
- Slither.io Unofficial Walkthroughs Tips, Tricks & Game Secrets
Additional resources for BioShock and Philosophy: Irrational Game, Rational Book (The Blackwell Philosophy and Pop Culture Series)
BioShock and Philosophy: Irrational Game, Rational Book (The Blackwell Philosophy and Pop Culture Series) by Luke Cuddy
Categories: Video Electronic Games