By Natalie Kertes Weaver
This booklet deals a theological origin for attractive with the realities of pain and loss of life. Designed relatively for useful theology scholars and trainee caregivers, it introduces the religious and theological matters raised by way of soreness and demise. The chapters consider:
- how Christian theology offers with the matter of ache and the way the Bible treats those tricky issues
- post-biblical interpretations of Jesus’ discomfort and the Cross
- modern cases together with ecology, poverty, discrimination and war
- comparative non secular techniques and the depiction in renowned culture.
Natalie Weaver relates theology to sensible problems with caregiving and offers a ‘toolbox’ for brooding about discomfort and loss of life in an artistic and supportive way.
Read Online or Download The Theology of Suffering and Death: An Introduction for Caregivers PDF
Best christian theology books
Within the Ethics of Human Rights, Esther Reed constructs a Christian theology of “right,” “rights” and “natural rights” and does so in consistent expertise of and dialog with the general public and political implications of one of these theology. Reed’s use of Genesis 9:1-17, God's covenant with Noah, allows her severe Christian engagement with factor of correct and her software of this Christian theology of rights to the modern ethical dilemmas of animal rights, the surroundings, and democracy.
This ebook establishes the mandatory integration of theological wisdom with theological ethics. It does this as a reaction to the postmodern critique of Christianity, as exemplified in Rorty and Lyotard. They argue that any declare to understand God is unavoidably tyrannical. modern responses to such postmodern considering frequently fail to deal with effectively the moral critique that's made.
This survey textual content for non secular ethics and theological ethics classes explores how moral techniques outlined as liberationist, which at the beginning used to be a Latin American Catholic phenomenon, is shortly appear world wide and in the usa throughout diversified racial, ethnic, and gender teams.
In God of the residing, famous biblical students Reinhard Feldmeier and Hermann Spieckermann offer a entire theology of the God of the Christian Bible. A awesome fulfillment, God of the dwelling joins jointly the superior of previous and New testomony scholarship to craft a accomplished biblical theology.
- The Incomparable Jesus
- Jesus v. Abortion: They Know Not What They Do (Theopolitical Visions Book 19)
- Fresh! An Introduction to Fresh Expressions of Church and Pioneer Ministry
- Universal Salvation: Eschatology in the Thought of Gregory of Nyssa and Karl Rahner (Oxford Theological Monographs)
- A Breath of Fresh Air: Biblical Storytelling with Prisoners
- A "Down and Dirty" Guide to Theology
Additional info for The Theology of Suffering and Death: An Introduction for Caregivers
The Theology of Suffering and Death: An Introduction for Caregivers by Natalie Kertes Weaver
Categories: Christian Theology