By Marek Tamm
Read Online or Download Afterlife of Events: Perspectives on Mnemohistory (Palgrave Macmillan Memory Studies) PDF
Best parenting literature guides books
Little ones have their very own video games, tales, riddles, and so on. This booklet provides scholars and common readers an advent to kid's folklore. incorporated are chapters at the definition and class of kid's folklore, the presence of kid's folklore in literature and pop culture, and the scholarly interpretation of kid's folklore.
This ebook permits philosophers, literary theorists, and schooling experts to come back jointly to supply a sequence of readings on works of children’s literature. each one in their readings is concentrated on pairing a specific, well known photo ebook or a bankruptcy publication with philosophical texts or topics. The publication has 3 sections—the first, on picturebooks; the second one, on bankruptcy books; and the 3rd, on units of paired readings of 2 highly regarded picturebooks.
A pioneering learn of a different narrative shape, phrases approximately photographs examines the specified characteristics of photograph books--books meant to teach or inform tales to kids. Drawing from a few aesthetic and literary resources, Perry Nodelman explores the ways that the interaction of the verbal and visible features of photograph books conveys extra narrative info and stimulation than both medium might in attaining on my own.
From creepy photograph books to Harry Potter, Lemony Snicket, the Spiderwick Chronicles, and numerous vampire sequence for younger grownup readers, worry has develop into a dominant mode of leisure for younger readers. The final 20 years have visible a massive development within the severe examine of 2 very various genres, the Gothic and children’s literature.
- The Indian Subcontinent in Literature for Children and Young Adults: An Annotated Bibliography of English-Language Books: An Annotated Bibliography of ... and Indexes in World Literature)
- Turning the Pages of American Girlhood: The Evolution of Girls’ Series Fiction, 1865–1930
- Using Literature to Help Troubled Teenagers Cope with Abuse Issues (The Greenwood Press Using Literature to Help Troubled Teenagers Series)
- Masculinity in Children’s Animal Stories, 1888–1928: A Critical Study of Anthropomorphic Tales by Wilde, Kipling, Potter, Grahame and Milne
- Fairy Lore: A Handbook (Greenwood Folklore Handbooks)
Extra info for Afterlife of Events: Perspectives on Mnemohistory (Palgrave Macmillan Memory Studies)
Afterlife of Events: Perspectives on Mnemohistory (Palgrave Macmillan Memory Studies) by Marek Tamm
Categories: Parenting Literature Guides