By Michael J. Langford
Read Online or Download A Liberal Theology for the Twenty-First Century: A Passion for Reason PDF
Similar christian theology books
Within the Ethics of Human Rights, Esther Reed constructs a Christian theology of “right,” “rights” and “natural rights” and does so in consistent knowledge of and dialog with the general public and political implications of this sort of theology. Reed’s use of Genesis 9:1-17, God's covenant with Noah, allows her severe Christian engagement with factor of correct and her software of this Christian theology of rights to the modern ethical dilemmas of animal rights, the surroundings, and democracy.
This booklet establishes the required integration of theological wisdom with theological ethics. It does this as a reaction to the postmodern critique of Christianity, as exemplified in Rorty and Lyotard. They argue that any declare to grasp God is unavoidably tyrannical. modern responses to such postmodern considering frequently fail to handle effectively the moral critique that's made.
This survey textual content for non secular ethics and theological ethics classes explores how moral techniques outlined as liberationist, which at first used to be a Latin American Catholic phenomenon, is almost immediately take place around the world and in the usa throughout assorted racial, ethnic, and gender teams.
In God of the dwelling, famous biblical students Reinhard Feldmeier and Hermann Spieckermann supply a complete theology of the God of the Christian Bible. A notable success, God of the residing joins jointly some of the best of previous and New testomony scholarship to craft a accomplished biblical theology.
- Jesus on Death Row: The Trial of Jesus and American Capital Punishment
- Marching to a Worthy Drummer: A Christian Layperson Speaks Out About the Holy Spirit
- A Free Church, a Holy Nation: Abraham Kuyper's American Public Theology: Abraham Kyper's American Public Theology
- Standing on the Shoulders of Giants: Genesis and Human Origins
- The Works of the Most Reverend Father in God, William Laud, Sometime Lord Archbishop of Canterbury
- Coming to Peace with Science: Bridging the Worlds Between Faith and Biology
Additional info for A Liberal Theology for the Twenty-First Century: A Passion for Reason
A Liberal Theology for the Twenty-First Century: A Passion for Reason by Michael J. Langford
Categories: Christian Theology